Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Should WOMEN lift weights?

"I don't want to look like a man."

"I don't want to get bulky."

"I just want to be skinny!"


Then lift weights. Heavy ones.

Seriously, barring medical injury there is no reason women should not hit the weights.

Myth: I'll get manly muscles.

Fact: Only if you use steroids (and you shouldn't do that). Women don't have the testosterone to get big and manly muscles. We CAN get larger muscles and intense sculpting like other female body builders...but the amount of time spent in the gym (and the crazy diet required) isn't something that anyone does 100% of the time. You'll get lean, sculpted, sexy muscles and lower your body fat percentage.

Myth: If I stop weight training the muscle I develop will turn to fat!

Fact: Muscle cells and fat cells are two DIFFERENT TYPES OF CELL. I've heard this one since junior high...your muscle cells cannot become fat cells any more than your heart cells can spontaneously become brain cells. I mean, I guess it could happen...but you should see a doctor about it.

I recommend this guy. Source

1 comment:

  1. it's a great way to get into shape
    I used this diet program to get into shape
    31 day fat loss cure

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...