Sunday, February 26, 2012

How Do I Lose Weight FAST?

I see this question far too often. It's always different numbers with different (unrealistic) amounts of time.

"How do I lose 10lbs this week?"

"How do I lose 50lbs this month?"

Well, I'm here with the answer!

Ready?

Photo Credit

YOU CAN'T! Well, not and be healthy or keep it off.

I know, I know..."But on The Biggest Loser..." I'm going to ruin reality TV for you now.

It's not real. Yes, they're losing the weight, but it's not REAL LIFE. Their kitchen is stocked with specific foods (specific to the show because you know advertising is part of how they make a profit), their diets are crafted exactly to them, they have the "luxury" of being able to exercise 5+ hours a day with personal trainers, and right before a weigh-in they stop drinking water to shed those last few pounds (or so I've heard).

I take issue with exercising until you pass out or vomit. Yes, sometimes you should push that extra mile...but dizziness, nausea, and PAIN are your body's way of telling to STOP.

If you pay attention to the show you'll see that after a couple of weeks half of the players are injured. Some will be unable to exercise and the rest will have an Ace Bandage wrapped on some part of their body. Uh, not healthy people! If you are consistently getting injured you should take it as a sign that you're doing something wrong! 






You *can* work out while injured provided you do it safely...but that's another post!


What is the average weight loss standard? 1-2lbs a week. Yep. If you have a bit more to lose then you can probably get away with losing a bit more at first. (I'm talking 5-7lbs...not 25)

Remember this: A loss is a loss. Every OUNCE of fat you lose gets you closer to a healthier person. (But I don't believe in relying on the scale either)

3 comments:

  1. great post! I totally agree with this. Living on a tropical island surrounded by beach you can only imagine how important being "beach ready" is for many around here and how popular fad diets can be. I think so many people are so desperate for results NOW that they don't take safety, health, and a myriad of other factors into consideration. I love seeing proponents of doing it the right way! I look forward to reading more from your blog in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I've lost 70 pounds last year. Before that, I was a serial dieter, fad dieter, exercise avoider. What really lost the weight? Calorie counting and exercise. I go to the gym 4 times a week. I track what I eat. And it works! I have 30-40 more pounds to lose, but I'm confident it will happen. I'm working through a plateau, but I know that if I keep doing what works, I will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree
    I lost 14 lbs in 31 days
    read my review
    31 day fat loss cure

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...