Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stair Workout

Seriously. I challenged myself to get a quick workout in using nothing but my stairs and imagination. I did and I feel it today!

Equipment:
- Timer (I used my phone)
- Stairs (You could probably use a small set but I have an upstairs so it's a large set)
- Workout clothes if you want...I put on a sports bra and didn't change out of my jeans.

Workout:
These are each done in 1min increments. The cool thing is that if you're less in shape you can half it (30s each) and if you're in great shape you can double it (2min each).

- Running stairs (up and down)
- Pushups (Lean forward on the stairs)
- Forward Bends (I stood at the bottom and touched the bottom step. Kind of like a dead lift...do it slowly)
- Deep Squats (Again, standing at the bottom. Squat down until you're almost sitting on the bottom step. Knees over toes.)
- Plyo Step Ups (Kind of like this: http://youtu.be/2-IvoOYxt04 But I wasn't jumping as high. Just tap and switch)
- Regular Step Ups (30s each leg http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=25)
- Crunches (I laid on the floor and put my legs on the stairs at a 90 degree angle...so for me that was laying them on the 2nd step)

DONE! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...