Saturday, April 7, 2012

P90X and Weight Gain

I was alerted (By Google) to an article that mentioned P90X recently. As I read more I came across the actual context for the comment...and it wasn't positive.

From the article:
2) If you're serious about seeing big changes you need to lift weights
-Correct your workout so you're working out specifically for weight loss and drastic change. 
-This doesn't mean you have to kill yourself or spend excessive amounts of time in the gym, but you do need to work out right. Programs like Zumba, Pilates and even intense systems like P90X can stop results dead in their tracks because they are so intense that you're ravenous after causing you to binge and that's always counterproductive. 
-You want a system with real results that's made for real people. You want the fastest results that you can actually maintain. 

I was with them until they mentioned P90X and LACK of results. I'm still scratching my head.

You know I've done the program. You also know that I didn't become an X Grad.

I couldn't help but comment on the article.
If you buy P90X from a LEGIT source (Team Beachbody Coach) you will get a meal plan. If you FOLLOW the meal plan you won't "get ravenous" and binge. The plan has you eating the proper amounts of carb/protein/fat at regular times to keep your metabolism fueled without starving yourself. Team Beachbody also offers a recovery drink designed specifically to go with the P90X program. Drinking it afterwards helps you refuel without over-doing it.
I had great results with P90X. Yes, my metabolism increased but I wasn't starving and binging.
The article does have *some* truth to it. If you buy/borrow P90X and don't follow the meal plan you won't get the same results. Diet is most of the battle.

This is just an example of why you should RESEARCH your decisions. I really hope no one reading their article is turned off of P90X because they think they can't handle it...

Have you ever not purchased something because of a negative comment about it? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...