Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In Shape to Workout?

I was always one of those people that felt like you had to be in shape to go to the gym. There was a day in college, after not working out AT ALL, I jumped on the treadmill and attempted to run. You can imagine how well that went...I was going to stick with it until one of the dance girls jumped on the one next to me and took off running with ease. I quit and walked off.

But it's a common thought...

When I share about Beachbody with people I occasionally get a despondent, "Oh no, I'm not in shape. I can't [insert exercise here]."

Do you know where *I* started? 10-15mins of cardio videos online. A walk around the hills in my neighborhood.

I did NOT start with P90X or RUNNING in my neighborhood.

I remember the first time I finished one of the videos online. It's my favorite cardio video. It's 30mins long and pretty high energy. The first time I FINISHED it (that's with breaks during) I was ecstatic. When I cut back on how many breaks I took it was awesome. The first time I did it with NO breaks? It was magical.

What CAN you do? 10 mins of that exercise video? A quick walk around the block? 10 situps?

Do THAT. Tomorrow, do it again. The day after, push a bit harder. Before you know it you'll be up to 15mins of that video or 2 laps around the block.

2 comments:

  1. I used to feel that way when I was a couch potato, I was embrassed to even try for feel of looking like a big ole chubby failure. But I have since learned that I when I am working out I am so focused on myself that I don't even notice what other people are doing. In my taekwondo classes I also make sure to give the newbie a word of encouragement, I know it can be tough and they need to know that not everyone starts out kicking like a black belt..compare yourself to no one-just try to do better than you did the last time! My motto I guess :)

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kas --

    I LOVE your question "What CAN you do?"

    In His Delight,


    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...