Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yummy Surprise Burgers!

A good friend brought us venison but you could do this with beef or ground turkey if you wanted!

First I chopped half an onion and 3 mushrooms. Saute until cooked through and set aside. Add a handful of cheddar cheese!

I seasoned the meat in a bowl with garlic, onion, salt, and cumin. Just a general sprinkle of each and then mix well (I used my hands).

Form into a patty and set on a clean surface (I put down aluminum foil to keep my counter clean) Do this for as many people as you are serving (I used 2lbs of meat for 4 people...but these are HUGE burgers so you could easily share) Use half of the meat for this step.

Put a spoonful of the veggie mix in the center of the patties. Take what meat is left and form a patty and place it on TOP of the patty with the mixture so the mix is inside. Press to seal the edges.

Cook in a hot pan! I found that putting a lid on helped it cook a bit more evenly. You'll want to cook over lower heat because these are THICK and take longer to cook through.

I did cheese on top as well. :)




This can also be GLUTEN FREE!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delish! I love using my foreman grill..burgers cook up quick and stay moist..i will try this recipe next time around!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...