Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Saving Money


Saving MONEY: Sales sales sales. S

ome of these recipes won't work for you right away because I bought things on SALE. For example, I love using red bell pepper. They're sweet and add great color to a dish. But the stupid things run like $2 EACH normally. Sometimes, however, my store puts them at 98 cents EACH. When that happens I buy 4-5 of them, run them through the food processor, and freeze in plastic bags. Then all I have to do is run a baggie under hot water and I have instant, prechopped, red pepper.

Chicken Breast is expensive. My store runs a deal where breasts are on sale for $1 per pound. These are skin on and bone in! (Don't go buy boneless skinless breasts and then write me that my recipes are too expensive!) Most of the time I'll put a pack (about 3 breasts) in the crock pot and cook on low all day...which gives me easy to shred meat at the end of the day. If I don't mind adding an extra step I'll skin and debone them myself and use the cutlets. It just depends on the dish.

So use each recipe at your own discretion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...