Friday, October 5, 2012

Saving Time

How do I save TIME?

Let me tell you that if a meal takes more than 20-30min of effort on my part I consider it complicated.

After a long day of parenting the last thing I want to do is slave over a stove for an hour!

I use shortcuts, I use canned veggies, and we're happier for it.

Sometimes I make things from scratch but those are saved for weekends when my husband is home to help with the ankle-biters. :)

 I'm a big fan of kitchen appliances. I use my food processor to chop veggies. I fire up my crockpot to cook meats all day (like chicken breast). I heat things up in the *gasp* microwave.

I also prep things in advance whenever I can. I'll chop a ton of veg in the food processor and it's ready for the week. Or I'll throw the ingredients for chili in a bag and freeze it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...