Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Shrimp Veracruzana Kas Style

This is the recipe I used as a jumping off point for my meal: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/shrimp_veracruzana.html

I bought the shrimp on sale AND I bought it will shells ON. Several times I've had to devein it myself but it's worth it when the price difference is $5/lb or something.

So anyway, the recipe calls for onion, garlic, jalapeno, and tomato. I saved time and just dumped a drained can of rotel tomato in it! (Yes, canned...I rarely used canned anything except tomato products anymore) I picked the store brand with chipotle spices.

I served it over quinoa! Super yummy and lots of protein. I do believe that this recipe is gluten free as well! You can make it as spicy as you want by adding more jalapeno or leaving it out all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...