Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sausage/Egg Muffins

I originally got the recipe from Heavenly Homemakers.

We LOVE this recipe!
8 eggs
1 cup spinach
1 red bell pepper
3 stalks green onion
4 small mushrooms
1lb hot breakfast sausage

Preheat your oven to 350F

Put just enough water in a pan to skim the bottom. Heat over medium heat. When it starts to steam add your spinach and stir around until it wilts. (It will shrink up)

Take out and set aside to drain on paper towels. Pour off water.

Add a splash of oil (I used olive oil) and your veggies. Stir until they start to sizzle.

Add your sausage to the pan and break up into smaller pieces.

Meanwhile, beat your eggs into a large bowl.
My son was helping me

Keep breaking up the sausage until it's cooked through.

Drain and add the mixture to your eggs. Chop the spinach you set aside and add that too.

Spoon into a muffin tin and place in the oven (I had some leftover and put it into a bread tin as well)

Bake for 15-20mins or until the egg is firm. Wait until it cools and remove from the tin.



Enjoy! These are low carb and full of protein. It's also a great way to get veggies into your food. My kids gobbled them up (as did my veggie-picking husband).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...