Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Don't Judge A Meal By Its Picture

Seriously, because this one looks kind of gross...but it was SO FREAKING GOOD!

These are the ingredients. I made this one up as I go along (as I usually do...) so the measurements are at your own discretion.


Basically:
- Leftover Quinoa
- Almond flour
- Spinach
- Bell Pepper
- Green Onion
- Black Forest Bacon
- Chicken Breast
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Almond Milk
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- White Wine
- Eggs (not pictured)

I didn't use the garlic or onion that's pictured because I was in a time crunch so powdered was easier in the moment.

The meal looked like this:

Green spinach, black-ish bacon, and red tomatoes make yucky green-brown btw
The Quinoa Patties were easy. I mixed the leftover quinoa with about a cup of almond flour ( there was a little more than a cup of quinoa), some chopped green onion and bell pepper, and some spices. Then I added whole eggs until it got doughy (2-3). When you can form it into balls it's the right texture. Simply make patties and fry in your choice of oil until nice and brown on both sides!

I rinsed the chicken breasts and did a fast dredge in the almond flour (about 1 cup with the garlic, onion, salt, and red pepper). Then I fried those in a teeny bit of oil until they were almost done (a lot of the breading comes off and that's no big deal). I ended up putting them under the broiler to finish those last few degrees to done while I made the sauce.

I put a handful of spinach, a few sun-dried tomatoes, and 5 pieces of (chopped) bacon in the blender. I added enough almond milk to blend it.

While the chicken was out of the pan I deglazed with white wine (just enough to scrape it) and then poured the flour in and stirred it around until it combined. I added about half a cup of almond milk and the mixture from the blender and stirred frequently. I ended up adding more almond milk to make it more "sauce" consistency but that's just me!

I sliced the chicken and poured the sauce over it. Serve it with the patties.

Super yummy and high protein!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...